Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 57 Stewart, BC to Smithers, BC

Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Stewart, BC to Smithers, BC
by: Roni and Bruce Wilczynski #22



Two days and counting. Can't believe our trip is just about over, but what a beautiful day it is. When the sun is shining, all is well in the world.


We traveled 205 miles from Stewart to Smithers. Again the scenery was just beautiful. Some people even saw wildlife. As for me, I just about ran over a bear. Let me tell you, these RV's don't stop too quickly. I was turning left and right to avoid hitting the little guy. Thank goodness he will live to see another day. My first words to Bruce were, "did you get the picture?" I won't repeat his response.

I think we've become too accustomed to seeing beautiful waterfalls and glaciers, but still take a picture of two. 
 

We did stop to see Totem Poles in Gitanyowl but that was all that was there. The museum has been closed for three years now so this was a quick trip in and out of the town. Gitanyow, meaning place of many people




This is St. Paul's Anglican Church w/original l893 bell in bell tower.

In Historic Hazelton is an Old Indian Village w/museum and more totem poles. Couldn't go into the many buildings unless you paid for a guided tour, but since the timing was off, we just walked around the village.

Hazelton
After we got parked in the campground, I looked out my window and saw my "Buddy" looking through the door at me. I won't have but a couple days to run w/him so we did get in a little run. Isn't he just the cutest?

We had our last Travel Briefing and got together at 7 p.m. for Ice Cream and a little social hour. Another end to a beautiful day. Whenever we sit down for our Happy Hour, we will think of you all. Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment